I have found the perfect way to cook a hard boiled egg. After countless hours on pintrest (okay maybe I am exaggerating), I got the best recipe for cooking a hard boiled egg from a woman at work- and it is flawless. I am in Colorado, so someone who is reading this at sea level may not get the same results, but here is what I need and do:
- 1 dozen large eggs
- Place the eggs in a large pot, and cover with cold tap water
- Put the pot with the eggs on the stove top, add a dash of salt to the water and turn the burner up
- Cover the pot
- Get the water to boil
- Once the water is boiling, turn down the burner to medium, allowing it to “barely boil”
- Set a timer for 20 minutes
- When the timer goes off, take the lid off, turn the burner off and let the eggs sit there for another 20 minutes
- Rinse eggs with cold water, and place in the fridge.
Now- here is the trick to the perfect way to PEEL the hard boiled egg:
- Hit the bottom of the egg pretty hard against the counter top (or any flat surface) so that it creates a bubble affect and pushes air through the entire egg.
- Peel away