So, if you’re part of my life you know.. I am getting married. Brides-to-be do some weird shit. I have started putting together a list of things brides-to-be do that are not normal.
- I ran outside on a hot day in long sleeves. Tan lines are my worst enemy right now.
- I started tanning in a bed. I am paying a company to get fake tanned although I live in a state with 300 days of sunshine.
- Two weeks before the wedding I decided no cleans or pull ups in CrossFit. Not that I bruise my collarbone easily or tear my hands, I just need to make sure that it doesn’t happen before I have to put on my dress and act like a lady.
- I get my nails done. In the 5 years I have been with Dan, I have probably got 10 manicures and less pedicures. But now.. Every two weeks since April I have been getting my nails done to prepare.
- I am whitening my teeth. Cuz.. photos.
- 8 months ago I went to my orthodontist and told him my teeth shifted. I had to wear a plastic retainer with rubber bands for 3 months and then just at night for the rest of the time.
- The holes had completely closed in my ears, but I decided I wanted to wear earrings at my wedding, so I shoved earrings in. ouch.
- I wear my wedding shoes around in my house while I vacuum to break them in.
- Facials. I love them, but normally would never spend money on them. Well, I have got two already and one more is scheduled.
- Waxing. Oh, my eyebrows need shaped.. okay, let’s get those done too.
- I dyed my hair. I have a lot of white hairs, and welp I guess now is the time to dye it.
To be continued.
6.16 update (10 days before the wedding)
- I spent over $100 on (another) dress I will most likely never wear again, but fell in love with it when I tried it on
- There comes a point when some things just don’t matter anymore. 1 year ago me: “The napkins must be petal pink.” today me: “As long as we have napkins I don’t care what color they are.”
- We have updated more in our house over the past week than we have in the 3+ years we have lived in it. New windows. New fence. Paint. A sanded patio with soon-to-be purchased patio furniture. Maybe we should get married every year. Get our butts into gear.